URGENT MESSAGE RE. COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS): CHANGE TO APPOINTMENTS & ADVICE
Dear Patients of Haworth Medical Practice
In view of the increased concern with COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) we will be changing our appointment booking systems with immediate effect. This is to ensure we reduce the risk of transmission and maintain a safe environment for all patients and staff associated with the practices.
We are now moving to a telephone first system for those requesting an ‘on the day appointment’. Patients will be triaged by a clinician BY TELPHONE. If patients need to be seen in the practice, an appointment will be arranged. This may not be at your usual practice, but the clinician who sees you will have full access to your electronic patient record.
If you wish to make a routine appointment for a matter unrelated to Coronavirus
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GOING TO YOUR GP PRACTICE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IN PERSON
- DO contact the GP Surgery via telephone. Please tell the reception teams whether you would like a telephone consultation, video consultation or a face-to-face consultation. The teams will be asking patients a set of questions prior to making appointments to ensure patients are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional or service.
- DO complete an eConsult if you need same day advice from a GP (if your practice offers this)
- FOR TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS there is now an option to book these online. Please contact the reception teams for information on how to register for online booking if you do not already have this.
- FOR FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS, due to the need to answer questions prior to making an appointment, online booking has been suspended for the time being.
- FOR ONLINE ACCESS TO HEALTH RECORDS AND ONLINE PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS, there is no change from previously. Please contact the reception teams for information on how to register for online access if you do not already have this.
Finally, please ensure your Practice has up to date contact details for you, including mobile telephone numbers where available, for clinical staff and reception teams to be able to contact you urgently if needed.
We understand that this may cause you some difficulties and thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
ADVICE FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM SYMPTOMS THAT MAY BE CAUSED BY COVID-19
If you have arrived back in the UK from an affected area, kindly follow the specific advice for returning travellers. Public Health England’s information regarding affected areas and health care guidance changes daily and can be viewed at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#returning-traveller
If you have visited an affected area in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone infected with Coronavirus or you think you may have Coronavirus or if you have a fever, cough, sore throat or breathing problems.:
Don’t forget - same day online video consultations are still available at Haworth Medical Practice. See a doctor at your own convenience with same-day appointments available every day.
No need to go into the surgery, you can use the video link from your own home. Get started at:
**NEW** Privacy Notice for Patients
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became law on 24th May 2016. This is a single EU-wide regulation on the protection of confidential and sensitive information. It enters into force in the UK on the 25th May 2018, repealing the Data Protection Act (1998).
Below statement replaces clause 7.8 on the attached Data Privacy Document. (effective 01/02/2019)
There may be occasions where authorised research facilities would like you to take part in innovations, research, improving services or identifying trends. We work with research companies both academic and commercial for medical research purposes and if a patient does not wish to be involved then they can opt out by letting the practice know either via reception team or emailing the reception email address B83027.email@example.com explaining that they wish to opt out.
Please click here for more info PRIVACY NOTICE
Supplementary Privacy Notice issued in response to COVID-19
From 1st October 2018 Modality is working collaboratively with all GP Practices across Airedale, Wharfedale, and Craven to offer patients increased access to routine appointments with GP's, Nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Please click on this link for more information...
Looking after your family at home...
You may not always need to see a Doctor, there are lots of times that you can care for yourself and your family at home. Click on the link to watch a helpful video...
(Site updated 31/07/2020)